Promise Land Title, LC
Promise Land Title, LC (“the Company”) respects the privacy and security of your non-public personal information (“Personal Information”). This Privacy Statement explains the Company’s privacy practices, including how we use the Personal Information we receive from you and from other specified sources, and to whom it may be disclosed. By submitting Personal Information to the Company, you consent to the collection and use of information by us as specified herein.
Personal Information Collected
We may collect Personal Information about you from the following sources:
- Personal Information we receive from you on applications or other forms, such as, but not limited to, your name, address, social security number, tax identification number, asset information, and income information;
- Information we receive from you through our Internet website, such as, but not limited to, your name, address, email address, Internet Protocol address, the website links you used to get to our websites, and your activity while using or reviewing our website;
- Information about your transactions with or services performed by us, our affiliates, or others, such as, but not limited to, information concerning your policy, premiums, payment history, information about your home or other real property, information from lenders and other third parties involved in such transaction, account balances, and credit card information; and
- Information we receive from consumer or other reporting agencies and publicly recorded documents.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may provide your Personal Information (excluding information we receive from consumer or other credit reporting agencies) to various individuals and companies, as permitted by law, without obtaining your prior authorization. Such laws do not allow consumers to restrict these disclosures. Disclosures may include, without limitation, the following:
- To insurance agents, brokers, representatives, support organizations, or others to provide you with services you have requested, and to enable us to detect or prevent criminal activity, fraud, material misrepresentation, or nondisclosure in connection with an insurance transaction;
- To third-party contractors or service providers for the purpose of providing you with services you have requested;
- To an insurance regulatory authority, or a law enforcement or other governmental authority, in a civil action, in connection with a subpoena or a governmental investigation;
- To lenders, lien holders, judgment creditors, or other parties claiming an encumbrance or an interest in title whose claim or interest must be determined, settled, paid or released prior to a title or escrow closing.
We may also disclose your Personal Information to others when we believe, in good faith, that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with the law or to protect the safety of our customers, employees, or property and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process.
We reserve the right to transfer your Personal Information, as well as any other information, in connection with the sale or other disposition of all or part of the Company business and/or assets. We also cannot make any representations regarding the use or transfer of your Personal Information or other information that we may have in the event of our bankruptcy, reorganization, insolvency, receivership or an assignment for the benefit of creditors, and you expressly agree and consent to the use and/or transfer of your Personal Information or other information in connection with a sale or transfer of some or all of our assets in any of the above described proceedings. Furthermore, we cannot and will not be responsible for any breach of security by any third parties or for any actions of any third parties that receive any of the information that is disclosed to us.
Disclosure to Affiliated Companies – We are permitted by law to share your name, address and facts about your transaction with other companies, such as insurance companies, agents, and other real estate service providers to provide you with services you have requested. We do not, however, disclose information we collect from consumer or credit reporting agencies with our affiliates or others without your consent, in conformity with applicable law, unless such disclosure is otherwise permitted by law.
Disclosure to Nonaffiliated Third Parties – We do not disclose Personal Information about our customers or former customers to nonaffiliated third parties, except as outlined herein or as otherwise permitted by law.
Confidentiality and Security of Personal Information
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access or intrusion. We restrict access to Personal Information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. No method of transmission or storage is one hundred percent secure, however; therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee absolute security of your Personal Information.
Information Sent by You Through Our Website
Any communication or material you post or transmit to the Company or any of its affiliates over the Internet is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary. Therefore, do not send us any information through the website that you or anyone else would consider to be confidential or secret.
By transmitting or posting any communication or material to our Website site, you agree that the Company or its affiliates may use your communication as material for any purpose, including reproduction, transmission, publication, broadcast, and posting.
You also expressly agree that your use of the Website is at your own risk. Any services provided to you by the Company and/or the Website are provided “as is” and “as available” for your use, without representations or warranties of any kind, either express or implied, unless such warranties are legally incapable of exclusion. the Company makes no representations or warranties that the web pages on or accessed through the Website, or the servers used in connection with the Website, are or will remain free from any viruses, worms, time bombs, drop dead devices, Trojan horses or other harmful components.
The posting or transmittal of any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense or violate any law is strictly prohibited and the sender of any such communications to our website or otherwise to the Company or its affiliates shall be responsible for the content and information contained therein, including its truthfulness and accuracy.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement may be amended from time to time consistent with applicable privacy laws. When we amend this Privacy Statement, we will post a notice of such changes on our website.